Super Manetron is the Mellotron for iPhone and iPod touch. Genuine sound sampled from Mellotron M400S (serial number 761) manufactured in the 70′s.
The Mellotron is an vintage sampling keyboard by analog tapes. The Mellotron had a strong impact on rock music, becoming a trademark sound of the progressive rock bands.
You can see an internal mechanism (tape running animation) and can enjoy simulation of Mellotron with eyes and an ear.
- Core MIDI compatible
- 35Kyes of sampled sounds from Mellotron M400S serial number 761 manufactured in the 70′s.
- 8 sec PCM full sampling sounds each Key
- Scrollable Keyboard & dual Keyboards with switchable key width
- No loop sounds (real performance feeling)
- Pre-loaded with 7 instruments including Flute, 3violins (Strings), Cello, Oboe, 8-voice Choir, Vibes, Brass
- 7 instrument sounds can be set as the favorite position of A,B,C position on setting screen
- A+B, B+C mix sounds position
- The sound of motor and tape rewind mechanical noise
- Tape running animation
- Pitch control by accelerometer
- Built-in Reverb that simulates spring reverb
- Original sounds source are recorded by 96KHz/24 bits
- Compiled under the supervision of Fumitaka Anzai (Famous vintage keyboard player & collector of Japan)
This song began with DM1 Drums. I played them into loopy via audiobus and as they played I changed the fx on the fly with Magellan in the FX slot of audiobus. Then I brought the whole thing into Multitrack Daw where I added a bass line from the iFretless bass. Then I used Animoog for 5 tracks. All of the presets were from the add on packs (acoustic, Devine and Greatful Dead) then I opened up my other ipad and used the Super Manetron app that has midi support. I plugged in my Korg MicroKey 25 into my Apogee Jam into the ipad running MTDaw and played the Mellotron flute sound. Then it was sent straight to soundcloud. I hope you like it.